Friday, July 1, 2011

7.1.11. 6:33 P.M. Almost Halfway There.

Okay, so you can probably tell that I had a moment of panic in SF. After a few minutes I managed to calm myself down and get a better attitude about the being solo thing. I am in London now, and my phone does NOT work. it in fact thinks it is January 1, 1:33 AM. and there is no service what so ever. I still don't know how to dial internationally, so I just sat and stared at the pay phone for a few minutes while a line built up behind me. I eventually kept walking with the hopes that the much needed epiphany would come...I'm still waiting.
 I've been here for going on 5.5 hours now, and we will be allowed to board in another 2 hours and then around 10:00 PM we should be taking off. 12 hours after that we will be landing in Delhi! yay. I did not end up venturing out into the city because after we flew over it on the way here i felt that the whole 3 hours I'd get to explore, get lost, cry until someone finally helped me, and got back to the airport....it wouldn't have done London justice. So I will reserve this experience for another trip.

The malaria pill didn't make me throw up today (yay) but I did spend a good hour hoovering around various bathrooms, probably looking very suspicious, fearing that I would not be able to conquere the feeling. Eventually, I was able to convince myself that perhaps a bit of soup would help settle my stomach. So far so good. I think that between the pills and the complete lack of sleep for I don't even know how long at this point, has made my brain sluggish and numb, and I have to work very hard to even stay awake. I catch myself dozing off and startle some of the people around me.

I've taken a few pictures already, mostly out of boredom, but his computer doesn't have an option for the memory card reader...and I actually didn't think about that part for the computers I would be counting on in India. Fingers crossed!

P.S. this and the last entry cost me £2.5! haha.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so happy to know from you. You can do it. The world is yours and we are all here for you and with you.
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlette, wow, you were in London! Sigh. It sounds so sophisticated. Oh, I'm just hopping by London on my way to Delhi. Nice. We miss you so much. I felt sad when we left you at the security checkpoint, but at the same time I felt so excited for you!!! And proud, because you just told us you needed to go now and then did. Hope you get some sleep soon; right now as I type you're on the plane to Delhi, hopefully snoring a loud tune for your fellow passengers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom says if your cell phone is working make sure you're dialing a 1 and then area code+number. As for calling from a pay phone, you would dial 00+1+area code+phone number. 00 to dial out of India, 1 for US, then area code+phone number. Or you could call an operator and ask for help. XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhh you must be there now, I'm eagerly waiting for your first post from INDIA! Hope you like it and the horns haven't gotten to you just yet ;)

    ReplyDelete